In this article we can see some useful information of the field of transation, such as Machine Translation, Multilingual Content Management , Translation Technology and Machine Aided Translation.
- Machine Translation, sometimes referred by the abbreviation MT, is a sub-field of computational linguistics that investigates the use of computer software to translate text or speech from one natural language to another. At its basic level, MT performs simple substitutions of words in one natural language words in another. Using corpus techniques, more complex translations may be attempted, allowing for better handling of differences in linguistic typology, phrase recognition, and translation of idioms, as well as the isolation of anomalies.
- Multilingual content management contains information, mostly in the form of more or less structured text documents, but potentially also including audio clips, video clips and images.
- Translation Technology is the technology in which the main action is the interpretation of the meaning of a text, and subsequent production of an equivalent text, also called a translation, that communicates the same message in another language. The text to be translated is called the source text, and the language it is to be translated into is called the target language; the final product is sometimes called the “target text”.
- Machine Aided Translation:It is a form of translation where a human translator translates texts using computer software designed to support and facilitate the translation process.
- Machine translation. (2008, May 7). In Wikipedia, The Free Encyclopedia. Retrieved 12:30,(21/05/08 ), from http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Machine_translation&oldid=210784346
Translation. (2008, May 18). In Wikipedia, The Free Encyclopedia. Retrieved 13:03, (21/05/08 ), from http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Translation&oldid=213255707
Computer-assisted translation. (2008, May 15). In Wikipedia, The Free Encyclopedia. Retrieved 13:15, (21/ 05/ 08 ), from http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Computer-assisted_translation&oldid=212500873